Ever wanted to transfer files and folders from one computer to another, but don’t know how to do it? Then, you don’t need to worry about this anymore. There are a lot of ways in which you can transfer files from one computer to another and this can be done within a few minutes. So, without wasting any more time, let’s start exploring those easy and fast methods to transfer files from Windows PC to PC.
How to Transfer Files From PC to PC?
While researching this on the internet, we found a lot of methods, but some of them may not be easier for everyone. Then, we decided to select only the easiest ones and these are as follows:
1. Transfer Files Using a Software
Do you have computers working on the same Wi-fi network? If yes, then you can transfer files using a simple software. There are a lot of tools available which allows you to do so. The best one which we recommend is Send Anywhere and you can download it from any reliable source.
Steps to transfer files from PC to PC with a software
- Download and Install Send Anywhere software on your device.
- You can also install their Chrome extension if you don’t want a third party software to be installed on your device.
- As soon as you install any one of them, you just have to follow the on-screen instructions.
- The best part is that they will also guide you about transferring files from one device to another.
- Just follow the tutorial and you will get to know the exact steps of transferring files from one computer to another.
2. Transfer Files Using a Transfer Cable
If you don’t have a common internet connection, then you can transfer files from one device to another using the simple steps provided below:
- Get an Ethernet Cable to connect to your device.
- If you don’t have one, we have handpicked some best Ethernet Cables on Amazon for you.
- Make sure you have a crossover cable, otherwise this method will not work.
- Then, you have to set up network sharing on both the computers.
- As soon as you complete the setup, then connect the transfer cable with both the devices.
- That’s it! You are ready to transfer files from one computer to another.
3. Transfer Files Using an External Device
The easiest and widely used method is to copy data from one computer and paste it into another device using an external device. Here’s how you can do this too:
- Get an external device in which you can store your data and information.
- Connect it to your computer.
- Then, copy the computer data and paste it into the external device.
- As soon as you do this, you have to connect the external device to another computer where you want to transfer your files.
- Copy and paste the files into the computer and you are ready to access those files.
4. Use Cloud Storage Services to Transfer Files From PC to PC
- Use any reliable cloud storage service no matter whether you use Google Drive, Dropbox etc.
- Upload all the files and folders to your selected cloud storage platform.
- Then, Turn on the computer where you want to transfer your files.
- Open the Cloud Storage platform there and log in to your account.
- As soon as you log in, you will have access to all those files which you have uploaded earlier.
- Download and save them to your computer.
So, Above are the best methods which you can use to transfer files from PC to PC. I hope this post will help you to do so. If you liked it, then share it with others who are still finding the same information. Also, if you still have any doubts, then feel free to ask me in the comment section below.