The data redundancy check is a verification method your computer performs to evaluate the accuracy of the data stored on your drives. Most of the times, this function is completed with accurate results, but sometimes even a minor disk corruption can infect your device. In this case, your computer might show you the data error cyclic redundancy check error. If this was the case with you, then don’t worry, check out our complete post to fix data error cyclic redundancy check in a simple and effortless way.
Best Ways to Fix Data Error Cyclic Redundancy Check Error
There may be hundreds of solutions available on the internet, but we are going to share only the most reliable and simple ones here. Here’s a list of ways in which you can fix the data error redundancy check issue:
1. Repair the Drive
- Press both the Windows+X keys altogether.
- This will open a new popup menu on your screen.
- Select “Command Prompt(Admin)” from the available options.
- When it asks for the user control permission, then press the Yes button.
- Now, type “chkdsk /f x:” there.
- Replace the x: with the drive with whom you are facing issues with.
- Press Enter and the process will start.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- As soon as it’s completed, then restart your device.
- If you see any problem, then format the entire disk.
- Always take a backup before doing the format.
2. Run SFC Scan
System file checker commonly known as SFC is a process used for repairing windows infected files. This process allows you to find infected files and replace them with new ones. Tu run SFC, follow the steps given below:
- Connect the storage device.
- Press the Windows icon key to open the search bar.
- Search for Command Prompt.
- Run it as administrator.
- Type sfc/scannow and then press the Enter button.
- Now, restart the device and then access the files.
3. Use a Data Recovery Tool
You can also use a data recovery tool to fix data error (cyclic redundancy check) issue. A data recovery tool can restore all your files from an inaccessible drive. Here’s how you can solve the data error (cyclic redundancy check) issue using a data recovery tool:
- Download the Stellar Data Recovery Software.
- After this, wait until it gets downloaded.
- As soon as it’s done, run it on your device.
- When it’s opened, then select the files which you want to recover.
- Click on the Next button.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Voila! It’s done. You have successfully recovered all your files.
That’s it! These are the best and reliable ways in which you can solve data error cyclic redundancy check issue. I hope you found this guide helpful. If you found this helpful, then share it with others who are still facing the same issue. Also, if you have any queries, then feel free to ask them in the comment section below.